Old Town - Day 3 of #BloggingAdventure

Monday 4th August 2014

We headed out early today to go to Bridlington's Old Town, If you remember programs such as the The Royal or Heartbeat, well a couple episodes were filmed in the this town (and around North Yorkshire).  


Bridlington's Old Priory 
We walked up to visit Bridlington's Old Priory and since we looked like tourists (We're not really that tourist~y because we know Bridlington from the back of our palm.) We were asked how old it was, I  said 201 years old when I knew it was 901years old. The night before there was a lot of shouting from outside so I was really tired. We also asked about Henry VIII, but my shy self decided to say nothing (great idea, Lucy. You know how much you love history!) 





We did go inside, I was asked if I wanted a 'Photographers Pass', I looked around, although there was natural lighting, my camera found it hard to focus on subjects and props in the church, so I said "No thanks, my camera's acting up.".

I went outside, sketched the front of The Priory (I'll try and upload it asap) and waited patiently for my family. We then made our way to the old town, I love it down there, it's so quiet. We visited a few retro shops and  one charity shop. I don't think the shop assistant liked me one bit though...

We made our way into 'Modern' Bridlington to do some shopping and get some lunch. We also visited an old Bridlington Amusement. You got to use 'Old pennies', I have an old penny from 1913 and one shilling from 1899. Which I found on the street some years ago.

My sister
Later in the even myself, my sister and mum went down to the beach. We came across loads of lobsters, all taken apart and rotting away. As we walked along the beach, we decided to play our childhood game 'Runaway Tide'. Rules are don't let the water get your feet.  Sounds simple enough. As we got further along the beach I found a claw. I decided to name him Colin (don't ask, I think the sun got to me at this point!)

Also 'HUGE' hint, put the claw on the beach safely, don't throw it in the sea like an idiot because it will take small chunks of your skin with it. Blugh.... My hand is fine by-the-way!





Me
We walked back  to the apartment, watched the sun go down and discussed what to-do over the week.

I headed to bed and listened to the waves of the sea.
..............................................................................
If you enjoyed this post remember to go give 'That's A Teens Life' a like on Facebook.

You can also follow us on Twitter - @teensa_life

And remember Lucy is on Instagram & Twitter.
.............................................................................