Life As A Musical Theatre Student | #3

As we bitterly bided farewell to Half Term, the return to college began as a, in a politeness an utter rollercoaster but like the troopers we plodded through it and now I feel raring and ready to go for the next week.

So what has this madness consisted of? A somewhat hilarious Halloween Showcase with the first years; a tap dance on a carpet and the only thing you heard was the odd dramatic clap - although our audience was 'minimal', which included the slightly amused Sexual Health Clinic aside us. We seem to come together as a company when we got to the 'panic' stage - let's face it, all performing arts students or anybody has had that sudden realisation and I quote 'Right it's time to get my sh*t together.' moment. We rehearsed so hard in the space of an hour, made crucial decisions on which dances to do which we agreed to do 'Monster Mash' (group tap dance) and 'Ghost Busters' (group jazz dance). We were going to do 'Thriller', however, since we weren't strong performing this piece as company, at last minute decided against it.

Credit: The People's Theatre Company Chorus Facebook Page  

This week I've been getting back into auditions, rehearsals and performing and chock-a-block full schedule. As mentioned Monday consisted of short yet very hilariously sweet showcase at college and Thursday performed with The People's Theatre Company to the Life Members and Season Ticket holders 'Cheese & Wine' night. And yesterday I had a very last minute audition for a company, and less than 24hrs I am so please to have gotten a place!

Nearly a full term in, yesterday marked a very proud and close achievement, very close to doing the full left leg splits! I train roughly twice a day to reach the splits, I think it'll be interesting to see the contrast in a years time of the progress.

And now, I shall leave you with a very sweet yet short first cover from Les Miserable, 'On My Own'



You can also see it via my YouTube channel - please Subscribe so you can see my journey in the performing arts.